Sunday, February 1, 2015

Classical Civilization Greece

Greek civilization began with western ideas and culture. It shows the worth of the individual and democracy. 
The Golden Age was from 480-400 B.C. In this time period one of the most important buildings was built called the Parthenon. It was an ancient temple on the Athenian Acropolis. The structure was dedicated to the goddess Athena. 

Parthenon established 438 B.C.

Even though many Greek buildings are impressive, domestic buildings were not. They were usually built with mud brick, if possible on a stone foundation, with wooden frameworks and terra-cotta roof tiles. Most houses were arranged around an inner courtyard with very few windows. This was for security and to limit heat coming in. 



This is a current Greek home. Most homes are white with accents of blue. Most current Greek designs have a touch of blue in them.


Here's some toss pillows that have a pattern to them that's known as Greek. Like I said before you can also see that they have some blue in them.

I was interested in how Ancient Greece got started up, I found this fairly short informative video I wanted to share!



Peer Discussions:
I reviewed Mackenzies blog; I liked how she also showed the style of columns in Greece and talked about how they were developed and used by the Greek first.
I also reviewed Paige's blog. I liked the current application picture she found. I think it had very many features to it that were Greek.

No comments:

Post a Comment